Saturday, June 27, 2009

my new training buddy!!

announcement!:: i have a new official summer training buddy, and i'm quite sure he will help me to become harder, better, faster and stronger.

the fact that jospin is only 11 (he turns 12 in february, though he has claimed to be 12 already on multiple occasions. menteur) is entirely beside the point, because the kid has mad skillz. he is one of the kids at the orphanage, and i scoped him out (athletically speaking) the first time i saw all the kids play foot (aka soccer) in the yard. well, my instincts were right-- apparently he goes to a special school where you spend the morning training to become a professional soccer player!!

well, i had been challenged to a race by this other kid, bertrand, a few days ago, and when i went to pick him up (putting me at a distinct disadvantage- i had to run 15 minutes to get there!), jospin wanted to come along. it turns out that jospin, who is exactly 10 years my junior (his bday is feb 6, just 10 days after mine), is also exactly my speed, making for sick competition. i was reaallly fighting to win each of our sprints, but i confess, i don't think i won any of them, and am pretty sure jospin was a step ahead of me on the last one.

now, because i'm a dumbass and was running on a tweaked calf (maybe i could beat my new nemesis uninjured?) i have to RICE it a few days cuz it's really hurting. but i'm very pleased to have found such a good match and will continue to ignore the fact that he wasn't even born yet when i was in fourth grade, when he beats me at suicides next week...

i will try to report the results of our contests faithfully and accurately as they come. in the meantime, i am practicing my scoobers and low throws with my 12 year old 'brother', aptly named modeste, who has a sick backhand.

hope you are all happy and well!!
xox, clo
ps for those of you with time/interest, i have put a couple updates on the ol' summer blog (tho no pictures yet-- i'm really hoping to figure that out this week)- www.rightnexttonigeria.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment